Sunday, October 12, 2014

[PRODUCT REVIEW] Sephora Kiss Me Lip Balm in Strawberry Fizz

Hello Ladies!

This is a review about this adorable Kiss Me Lip Balm from Sephora. 


I was so thrilled when I got this egg-shaped plastic thingy as a 'pasalubong' from my husband's sister. She bought this from Singapore at Sephora. As soon as I saw the brand and how cute the packaging was, it immediately occurred to me that, hey! I have a new awesome product to blog about. Yey!


HOW IT LOOKS




Notice how cute the packaging is? It reminds me of the EOS Lip Balms I get to see from video tutorials, although this one is more dome-shaped which gives you a bit of precision when applying because of its egg-like tip. I love that it has a clear plastic cover so as to see its content easily.

INGREDIENTS


Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, C20-40 Alcohols, Ozokerite, Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ethylhexylglycerin, Sucralose.


WHAT IT IS

This is a creamy, smooth and scented lip balm that acts like a lipstick more so a tint! It gives my lips four hours of hydration while adding that extra oomph to my dull face. I got mine in Strawberry Fizz shade and I keep on getting compliments because of its bright pink color. I love its scent; it really does smell like strawberries. Also, the taste is divine! You would want to lick your lips often because of its sweet strawberry taste. Yum! After the lip balm has came off, you would notice that your lips are well-moisturized and a touch of color somehow stayed on your lips. It's like a lip balm, lipstick and lip tint in one! Awesome! 

SWATCH


This is a swatch at the back of my hand, and yes that's my attempt in making the most girly heart-shaped swatch ever! *lol* Its color is bright pink, very noticeable, believe me...in a good way. 
Strawberry Fizz shade
SHADES

Creme Brulee - This is their clear version.
Cotton Candy - Light pink. I think this will suit me better. :)
Strawberry Fizz - Pink. See above photo.
Melon Sorbet - Orange. I love that name!
Candy Apple - Red. Yum!
Soda Pop - Purple. I wonder how this would taste!

PRICE


It says on its website that this product costs 8 dollars so roughly it's just 360 in peso. Not bad for a high-quality balm that will last you a long time. That of course is if you control your urge not to eat it. *lol* 



HOW IT LOOKS ON ME


I think this is because of the lighting that somehow tames down the color of the balm. But up close and personal, you'll really think this is a lipstick because of how vibrant and pigmented it is.   


RATING
5 - highest; 1 lowest

Packaging: 5
I love this unique, clear dome-like shaped plastic container!
Scent: 5
It has this mild, fruity, strawberry cream-like scent.
Texture: 5
Creamy and smooth, I love that it glides on your lips upon application. I am addicted to applying this every now and then.
Effectivity: 5
I love the hydration and well-moisturized lips this gives me.
Affordability: 5
Yes it is affordable for only 360php!
Availability: 1
I am not sure if there's already a Sephora shop here in the Philippines but based on my research, there's none yet. Also, I believe their online store doesn't ship to the Philippines. Booo! For now, we can just opt to grab this from Lazada, although upon checking, they don't offer it yet. :(
Overall Rating: 4.3


VERDICT

This is probably one of the best lip balms I have ever tried so far. Aside from its adorable, sturdy packaging, I love its versatility with regards to being a balm, lipstick and tint in one. It also offers me that hydration that I need, as well as the moisturized lips that I get to feel whenever the product comes off. It is also rich in color; you can truly say that this is of high quality. Down side is, it's not yet offered here in the Philippines. Either I travel to Singapore or ask some one to grab this for me, or just wait for it to be up online. :) Pucker up ladies!




'Til my next review! 

xoxo,
Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment