Friday, September 12, 2014

[Journey to Acne-Free Skin] Garnier: Pure Active Anti-Imperfections Cooling Roll-On Product Review


[Started using this since July 18, 2014]
[Reviewed this product on September 13, 2014]

*Note: Sorry for the late upload but I give products ample time to get used to my skin so I wait for a month or so to write a review. That way, purging stage (skin's initial adjustment period) is over and I can now share my experience in full detail.*

Skin History
  
     Year 2009, I used to take protein shakes in the hopes of gaining a little weight. *I used to be so thin!* They say, with a gift comes a curse. So the curse came, my zits, but never the weight. Argh! I stopped taking those protein shakes and my acne immediately began to tone down. This year May 2014, after getting stressed of doing deliveries, we have a flower shop by the way, my break out started again! This time with a huge comeback! Believe me, my skin condition is far worse today than what it was before.

Ever felt like people are staring at your pimples whenever they see you instead of them focusing on your assets? No matter how perfectly long your lashes are, how gorgeous your eyes are, how plump and glossy your lips are...all of your zits are still the ones getting the limelight!

I've experienced all these and it's depressing almost heart breaking especially when your acne is at its severe condition. It's kinda lame knowing that I am not like this before. :( But I am still hopeful; I know, one day, I'll be back to my old self. *lol* Enough with the dramas! 

Ever since my break out started, these acne treatment products began to catch my attention. So join me on my journey to acne-free skin...Let's start with this product shall we?

I bought this from Watson's together with other Garnier products. This caught my attention the most since I am dying to get rid of my acne.







Product Claims


The proven power of:

  • Purifying Salicylic Acid: one of the most efficient anti-bacterial actives, in maximum concentration to help control oil and reduce imperfections.
  • HerbaRepair: a natural origin active ingredient extracted from blueberry with regenerating and repairing properties for anti-dullness action.

Usage:


Ingredients:

240php for 15ml


My skin profile 
Oily in the T-zone area


I am now, acne-prone!

Dark spots takes about 5 months to totally vanish *it sucks big time*

Large pores in the cheeks area



My Experience:



Pros:

  • Cooling sensation upon application. This gets addicting, seriously. You would want to re-apply all the time just because you want to feel the cooling effect.
  • It causes peeling around the dark spots. This is a plus for me knowing that it can easily renew my skin cells. I am prone to dark spots and this product helps in fading them away.
  • Great for treating mild acne. A zit is about to show up on my face and I immediately applied this on. The next day, it’s completely gone!
  • The idea of a roll-on is brilliant! You don't have to worry about your dirty hands getting on your face so you can apply it religiously. Although, you should clean the metal ball first before application. You wouldn't want the bacteria spreading all over your face now, would ya'?. Never ever share this with others, although I am guilty of sharing this with my Hubbi. He loves the cooling sensation; however, this is not suited for his sensitive skin. It aggravates the condition.

Cons:

  • Be careful when applying, for it can be painful due to its stinging sensation. It can cause you to tear a bit even if you just applied it near your eye area. It’s bearable though.
  • I hate its smell but it’s tolerable. It has the same scent with their Pure Active Toner that somehow reminds me of Muriatic Acid with a bit of fragrance. However, my Hubbi loves it. He keeps on telling me how good it smells.
  • It reddened my cystic pimple on the third day of application. It's not consistent with all of my zits since it somehow aggravates the others and tames down the most. It immediately heals those pimples that are mild but is having difficulty in drying up those that are already inflamed.
  • This can be sticky as soon as it dries up and leaves a shiny mark on the applied area. It’s barely noticeable and is better than having a white film on your face brought about by acne creams.
  • Its peeling effect becomes noticeable when powder is applied. 
  • Not suited for people with sensitive skin.

Warning: Grossness overload! Don't say I didn't warn you...

Actual Results:


My zits! *Argh*

After 2 weeks


After 3 weeks


Quick Tips

·         I apply it directly on my zits generously and religiously. Whenever I feel like the product has been removed due to getting oily or sweating, I apply it again. If ever you experience peeling and it becomes visible, apply this product again on the same area. It lessens the look of peeling skin.



·         Leave it inside the freezer for about 5 minutes for a more cooling effect. I have mine in an air-conditioned room so it feels extra cold whenever I use it. Not sure though if it will affect the consistency or effectiveness of the product.

  Ratings





Verdict

This product is best used for reducing dark spots and treating mild acne due to its peeling action. However, this is not suited for cystic acne. Most of the time, this is the root cause of my reddened, aggravated zits so I end up pricking the zit which is a no-no! *I know that right*. After that, I apply this, and immediately it dries my pimples out.

Will I purchase this again? Absolutely!

Here's a proof of my addiction to this product. This is now officially a part of my Holy Grail. :) I consumed two already in a span of less than two months. Take care, Garnier...*lol*


Lemme know what you think about this product. I would love to hear from you!

'Til my next review!

xoxo,
Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment