Wednesday, September 24, 2014

[UNBOXING] Glamour Box: Flawless Beauty - September 2014

Hello Gurlfriends,

I will be doing another Unboxing and this time it's from Glamour Box! Let's begin...

If you've seen my previous blog (Unboxing of BDJ August 2014 - Luscious Locks), you'll find out that I was not able to subscribe for a September Box in BDJ. Too bad! :( Fret not ladies! I subscribed for a September box in Glamour Box. Yipee!

Glamour Box September 2014
My initial reaction would be, the box is huge, classy even! This is a lot bigger compared to BDJ's. It's measurement is roughly 8x10x2 inches. But theirs is a bit pricier, this costs me, 595php. Ooh let's check the goodies inside!

Flawless Beauty
I love that the packaging is too girly. It has this pink sheet of delicate paper with a GB sticker. Although I miss the inspirational stickers from BDJ. :( However, I commend GB for taking time to organize the items inside. The box is spacious enough so products are not squeezed in.

Curation Card: Flawless Beauty

This is their Curation Card that says a lot about the products inside including the prices. The highest priced item would be the Ofra Long Lasting Lipstick which costs 950php. Hmm, wonder what that is...

Goodies!

Upon opening the box, I immediately noticed these Belo products. I was a bit disappointed knowing that I still have these in my stash. Oh no! Listen, I love these products but they are only secondary to my regimen. I am still in love with the Garnier skin care products I have. Okay, let us not pre-judge the box. Let’s see the products one by one.

950php for 8g
1. Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick
Ohh! I love this liquid lipstick. I believe it is a new brand so I am psyched to give it a try. I heard a lot of good reviews about this so I am not yet sure if I’ll be keeping or selling this since I still have a lot of lipsticks to empty.

Laguna Beach shade
This is a swatch of the product. It dries too matte so I suggest you put on a dab of lip balm first. The shade is in Laguna Beach. If you want a natural, nude look, this is definitely a must have. I am happy that this baby is worth 950php. Just with this product, I got more than what I paid for. Although I am not sure if this is in full size because it doesn't say in the product itself. See my blog sale if you want to know if I will sell this. I am still arguing with my hoarder-self. *lol* 

160php for 1g
2. Ellana Minerals Multi-Purpose Powder in Brilliance
I am in love with the packaging of this product! It’s made with clear plastic, excellently sealed proving it's really hygienic. See the transparent plastic covering the opening? 

Brilliance shade
I haven’t tried using this on my face but this is the swatch in my hand. I can say that this mineral powder is very pigmented. Its color is sort of like bronze with gold shimmers.  It says in the curation card that it can be used as an eye shadow, eyeliner, blush, lip color, bronzer and shimmer; it really is multi-purpose! However, the color for me is too dramatic. I don’t think I can sport a look with this one so yeah! I’ll be selling this as well.

165php for 10g

3. Ellana Minerals Lip Scrub Strawberry Vanilla
This is something I could use out of the bunch. I am in love with this lip scrub! I have used it a couple of times now and I can say that it did soften my lips. I love the feeling of the sugar exfoliating my dry lips. I am prone to chapping nowadays and this has been helpful to lessen it a bit. I will definitely keep this! 

99.75php for 50ml, 79.75php for 60ml, 149.75php for 10g

4. Belo Essentials AcnePro Pimple-Fighting Gel Face Wash
As I have said, I already have this line so I am not so psyched about this. What I can say about this product though is that, it has a gel consistency so a lot of the products are gone to waste because it is so slippery to handle. What I do is I lather it using both of my hands first then gently wash my face. You will immediately feel that your skin is a bit tight after washing.

5. Belo Essentials Treatment Toner
I also have a bottle of this and I am using it as a secondary toner whenever I don’t have my HG (Holy Grail) products with me. It has this medicated scent that can sometimes put you off. But mind you, it’s very gentle on the skin. My skin feels squeaky clean after application.

6. Belo Essentials Pimple Gel
This is kinda cheap compared to other brands but I did not notice any changes when I first used this. I don’t want to judge the product by not giving it much time to get used to my skin so I suggest you use this for a couple of months to see if it benefits you.

Note that I can’t say much if these Belo AcnePro products have done drastic changes to my skin with regards to my acne because I am using these hand in hand with other products from another line. All I can say is that it suits my skin. It did not cause me any breakouts. 


Sample Size, roughly 144php for 90ml. 275php for 440ml Full Size.

7. Tresemme Smooth and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
I got these in sample sizes so I don’t find these really useful although I can bring this with me whenever I am travelling. This has been out in the market for a couple of months now so I have already used this line before. I am still in love with Dove though, when it comes to hair care.

Sample Sizes, Full Size is 695php each for 30ml

8. Beauty Republic Original Dramatic BB Tinted Cream and Dramatic Green Touch BB Tinted Cream
Whew that was too long for a name!. *lol* It says in the Curation card that they gave these as bonus. Well, they should have included these in full sizes. *demanding? lol* I am not even sure if this will cover my whole face. Oh well I still can’t give a review for this one because I haven’t used it yet. I am planning to give these away in my blog sale since it might cause more irritation to my skin. I want to heal my acne first before I apply makeup on. It interests me that these are made from Korea so I bet it's gonna be great! Ohh they also included this coupon from Carmen Claire where in you will be able to get %15 off with your entire order.

My Thoughts?

Honestly, in general, I am not so thrilled about what I got this month with Glamour Box. It would have been awesome if only these products are exactly what I need. Also, they should have included products that are still new to the consumers. Unlike these Belo and Tresemme products that are already out in the market for a couple of months now. I want to be able to get something unusual, not something I can easily grab in the market. Although, thumbs up for Ofra and Beauty Republic items. I give this box a rating of 7 because most of it, I would just sell in my blog sale.  

Visit my blog sale and get these fab products at insanely discounted prices.

Also, visit Glamour Box website and Facebook page:
   


 'Til my next Unboxing!

Stay fab everyone!

xoxo,
Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment